Helping you achieve your full potential
Established in 1904, the University of Leeds is world-famous for academic excellence, cutting-edge research and inspirational teaching. This well-established institution is part of the prestigious Russell Group, consisting of UK's top research-led universities.
The University is ranked in the top 100 universities in the world and its internationally renowned teachers are actively engaged in cutting-edge research. As a student at the University you will learn alongside inspirational academics who share your passion for the subject and who are dedicated to helping you achieve your ambitions.
The University also has an outstanding reputation for graduate recruitment and student experience, scoring 90% for satisfaction in the 2012 National Student Survey.
Did you know...
- International students at the University come from 145 different countries
- By 2015/16 the University will have spent more than £100m on new facilities
- The University is in the top 10 in the UK for graduate recruitment (High fliers report on the Graduate Market in 2013)
Campus life and facilities
Located on a single campus, the University is just a ten minutes’ walk from Leeds city centre, close to shops, cafes, bars, restaurants, and student accommodation.
As a student at the University you will have access to one of the largest libraries in the UK, with 4,000 study spaces, 2.8m printed books, 500,000 online books and more than 37,000 print and online journals. The award-winning Student's Union has over 250 clubs and societies, making it the ideal place for you to take a break from your studies.
The University is continually investing in its exceptional facilities and teachers to ensure students have the very best experience. New campus additions include:
- Liberty building is home to the Law School, which has the very latest equipment
- Energy Building houses the internationally respected Energy Research Institute
- The Edge is a state-of-the-art fitness centre with a climbing wall and much more
- Edward Boyle Library provides modern spaces for a new generation of students